Monday, September 21, 2009

current event

image: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/21/politics/main5327341.shtml

President Barack Obama gave a speech today at Hudson Valley Community College ( a local community college near my home town and one I took summer courses at). An Advance team looked at many different colleges before choosing HVCC. HVCC, including the 13,500 students who attend, learned about the exciting news on Wednesday. Obama's speech, among many other topics, will include his plans for the federal government to invest 12 billion in the nation's two-year colleges in the next decade.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the exact percentage that I heard community college applications had increased - but it was sizable! I guess in this recession era, the community colleges are a definite solution for many!

    Dr. Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete