Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaching experience

Twice a week I have the opportunity to become a teachers assistant for an undergraduate elementary movements concept class. During this class the undergraduates are supposed to teach a lesson to their fellow classmates while I have the opportunity to grade them as they teach. I can say that I really enjoy helping out this class. As much as I am helping my undergraduate students to improve their lessons, I am also learning lots of from them. One of the issues that I try to address and make sure that they cover before they even start their lesson is addressing safety issues. Addressing safety issues before starting a lesson is extremely important in the protection of yourself and also your students. My students help me to learn new and interesting ways of how to improve my own teaching experiences. They come up with some of the most interesting games that will help me gain some new ideas when I become a teacher. Overall I really enjoy this experience and hope to teach as well as learn much more.

1 comment:

  1. Safety is critical - we have become such a litigious society - and the well-being of our students is so important....

    I think that is great that you are assisting with that class - assessing and evaluating others can always help one's own teaching!

    Dr. Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete