Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Introduction to a lesson

I always stress the importance of the introduction to a lesson with my movement concepts students. Some things that I tell all the movement concepts students to do is as followed: review of previous class activities, review of that days activities, SAFETY ISSUES, and have questions and demos to spark the students interests. Lastly, I believe that when you are conducting the introduction to elementary students that you should always get down to their level by kneeling on the ground with them. I was wondering if of the teachers in the class had any new and creative ways that I can make the introduction to a lesson more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,
    I agree with you that the introduction to a lesson is most important....it is vital that we hook or motivate students to the importance of the lesson that you have planned for them - something I have used in the past are visuals - not only posters, but parts of cds or dvds that are relevant to the lesson - now, with the advancement of technology, there are so many resources!

    Dr. Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete